Here’s a question I get e-mailed about from time to time – where’s the best place to go luxury shopping in Barcelona?
Now, normally, I’d be at a bit of a loss as to how to answer that one. My budget definitely does NOT allow for a Chanel fix. Every so often I allow myself a little Primark indulgence, or TopShop if I’m feeling fancy.
But while I’m not expert on luxury shopping, there really is only one place to go in Barcelona if you’re looking to splash out some big ones on pretty things – Passeig de Gràcia.
Even if your budget is as skinny as mine, a little bit of window shopping never hurts! Especially when it’s on a street as beautiful as this one. In between the shops, there are also some of the most wonderful buildings in the city on the street. It’s actually home to two of Gaudí’s coolest works. So even if you’re not a huge fan of shopping, this is one street you definitely have to stroll in Barcelona.
Enjoy the new video!
How to visit the luxury shops on Passeig de Gràcia:
- Closest Metro stops: Passeig de Grácia (green, yellow, and purple lines), Catalunya (red and green lines), and Diagonal (blue and green lines)
- Cost: Window shopping is always free! There are regular high street shops closer to Catalunya metro, and as you go up the street shops get fancier.
- Opening hours: Shops tend to be open from about 10 a.m. to 8 or 9 p.m. in the evening.
- Other info: there are big sales (rebajas/rebaixes) on twice a year – once after Christmas, and again in July and August.
- Official website: http://www.paseodegracia.com/en/shopping-en/
- Other nearby attractions: Casa Batlló and La Pedrera, two of Gaudí’s most famous works, are right on the Passeig de Gràcia. If you want to stop for a drink, go up to the rooftop Alaire Terrace Bar at the Hotel Condes de Barcelona.